What to Know About Roof Repair
1. Consider your safety first. Without a doubt, fretting and nagging about trying to find a leak the very second it occurs is something that can send you to the hospital right away. Intruding on a roof while raindrops are falling or if it is covered with snow or ice is not the best way in finding a leak. Trying to fix it for a while can be pretty dangerous. And if you really want to be certain that it is fixed well, then there is no quick means to achieve it. be sure to wait patiently and carefully for the Mother Nature to give its green light to you.
2. Take precautions. Take into account that while you are on the roof, you will be placed in a not so comfortable or safe positions. As a result, it is highly recommended that you wear rubber sole shoes in order to prevent slipping. In addition, utilize a harness and always look for a person to work with you.
3. Spray the roof. So as to make sure that you will not have a hard time of finding the leak, get a garden hose and spray it in different area of the roof. But then again, just wait until winter season is done because it is not very safe for you to spray water all over the roof while it is still freezing out.
4. Keep the cleanliness of the gutters. One of the most typical places and causes for leakage in the roof are blocked gutters. The gutters that were not cleaned can lead to build up of water during the rain.
5. Avoid dry rot. Keep in mind that dry rot is not brought about by any forms of damaged on the water, but it is due to lack of ventilation. If the roof repair should be done on the middle part of the roof, there is a greater chance that the plywood is starting to deteriorate. The roof will actually wilt and cause the roof to shingle as well as be brittle, crack, and eventually leak. In order to prevent dry rot from taking place, you must install a ridge vent which will only work together with a soffit vent. The holes need to be drilled by means of the soffit vents in order for cool air to get in the bottom and push the hot air to the top.
6. Prevent the ice buildup. During the winter seasons, the ice has no difficulty in building up in the gutters, shingles and under the roof membrane. As a result, having a poor ventilation can fix this problem.